Photo – Wayne Takashiba
Here are all the documents and information athletes and coaches may need to refer to.
Bookmark this page, all updates will be posted HERE!
DATES: April 23, 2022
LOCATION: Calgary Climbing Centre – Rocky Mountain location
LIVE RESULTS: We will be using Vertical life for live results
LIVESTREAM: Livestream will not be available for this event
FINAL SCHEDULE – April 19, 2022
Friday April 22, 2022
- 7:00pm – technical meeting (ZOOM)
Saturday April 23, 2022
- Saturday April 23, 2022
- 800am –Check in and Warm Up Area open for All athletes
- 9:30am – 1:00pm– Practice and Qualifiers (Order will be : Youth B – Youth A – Junior)
- Will run practice for all categories before starting qualifiers
- Qualifiers will start immediately after practice
- 1:30-3:00pm – Finals for all (Order will be : Youth B – Youth A – Junior for each stage)
- Top 8 for All
- Top 4 for All
- Small finals followed by Big Final for all
- Awards to follow.
- 3:30-6:30pm – Speed Training w/ Chris Neve
- Junior Male – startlist_YSN
- Junior Female – startlist_YSN
- Youth A Male – startlist_YSN
- Youth A Female – startlist_YSN
- Youth B Male – startlist_YSN
- Youth B Female -startlist_YSN
- Junior Male – Results
- Junior Female – Results
- Youth A Male – Results
- Youth A Female – Results
- Youth B Male – Results
- Youth B Female – Results
- HelperHelper volunteer sign up – opportunity listing link
REGISTRATION & QUALIFICATION PROCESS
- CEC will be responsible for notifying the athletes that have qualified, and send them the Info Sheet.
- The Athletes must purchase their CEC membership and register for the competition on the CEC Registration Site.
- Athletes must create an account in vertical life HERE
Youth Speed Nationals – Qualification Process
Due to the logistical challenges during the current Pandemic, CEC has decided to use a virtual submission platform for the purpose of qualifying athletes to the 2022 Youth Speed Nationals. Using this platform alleviates the need for Provinces and Territories to host Qualifying events. It will also allow access for athletes who would have challenges in participating at qualifying events.
CEC will use virtual submissions to select and qualify athletes for Youth Speed Nationals. Instructions for how to make virtual submission can be found on the GameTime platform HERE.
Registration will remain open until April 18th. Once we have received 16 applications for any particular category, the respective category will be closed for any further registration.
Any athlete that had submitted their application by March 27th are pre qualified and have been sent invitations. Please contact Sebastian Powell if you have submitted a video and have not received an email.
- Junior Female
- Junior Male
- Youth A Female
- Youth A Male
- Youth B Female
- Youth B Male
Max 16 athletes per category based on time of submission.
The table below outlines the minimum times required in addition to finishing top 3 in the category. These times may be achieved at any time up until July 25th/ 2022. Minimum Performance Times must be verified via published result table or via video submission.
YWC minimum performance times are based on historical data from past YWCs plus an additional time buffer.
|Minimum Times to Make Round of 16||Youth B Female||Youth B Male||Youth A Female||Youth A Male||Junior Female||Junior Male|
2022 Minimum Performance Times – YWC Team Selection
|time buffers by category||Youth B Female||Youth B Male||Youth A Female||Youth A Male||Junior Female||Junior Male|
|YB = +1.5s,YA = +.75s, Junior = +.50s||12.2765||9.544||10.7785||7.847||11.344||7.579|
Climbing Association of Manitoba (CAM)
East Coast Competitive Climbing (ECCC)
Fédération québécoise de la montagne et de l’escalade (FQME)
All other provinces or territories (PEI, NL, SK, NV, NWT):