For the 2023-2024 Season, CEC will continue using the IFSC Flash Format for Boulder Qualification. Here is what you need to know about this format.
Gym Set Up
- There will be 6 problems per gender/category in the Competition Area for the Qualifier Round
- Senior Nationals will have 12 problems on the walls
- Youth Nationals may have anywhere between 16 and 24 problems
- Problems will be identified M1 to M6, as well as F1 to F6, and clearly labeled by category (SM, SF, JM, JF, YAM, YAF, YBM, YBF, YCM, YCF)
- 2 courses of 3 problems each (courses A and B) for each gender and category
- Through the Qualification Round, each athlete will need to complete all 6 problems of their gender and category
- Beta videos for each problem will be available on the CEC YouTube Channel by the Technical Meeting
- There is no Isolation area
- The gym will be opened 1h30 before the start of the Qualification round for Athletes Warm Up and Boulder Observation
- Each Category will be divided into two Groups – Group A and Group B
- Group A will do problems 1, 2, 3 – Rest – 4, 5, 6
- Group B will do problems 4, 5, 6 – Rest – 1, 2, 3
- The Judges of Problems #1 and Problems #4 will call athletes by their name and/or bib numbers.
- The first athlete will then get their 4min ON, before moving to the rest chair for 4 min OFF
- Participants will have a longer break after their first 3 problems, before moving on to their next 3 problems
- If you miss you turn on either problem 1 or 4, you will be unable to climb that set of problems. You may still climb and collect a score on the other set of three problems. So, pay attention to the flow!
- Be sure you locate your name on BOTH Start List – List A and List B.
- Watch this video to better understand the flow of the Qualification Round
- Athletes will have 4 minutes to complete a problem, with as many attempts as necessary
- Rotation Period will be of 4 minutes (traditionally known as 4on, 4off)
- Each problem will be judged
- Participants can move around freely in the Competition area, until it is their time to start their first problem.
- When participants are in the Climbing Period (4on), no beta or coaching is allowed.
- Any other time, you can talk to your coach and fellow competitors, including while on the Rotation Period (rest chair, 4off)
- Should you have any questions on this, please contact email@example.com
- Alternatively, you can speak directly to the Technical Delegate or the Jury President at the even